3 to 3.5 hours
Dinner & Show
Daily - Time varies according to sunset
Join the Award-Winning Old Lahaina Luau Ohana for an evening of Hawaiian culture, dance, entertainment, food, and lots of fun! From the moment you arrive at their beautiful luau grounds until the time you say “Aloha,” you will experience Hawaii’s most authentic luau, boasting one of the most beautiful oceanfront locations on Maui! Choose your style of seating, whether traditional or standard, and enjoy an unforgettable evening! Your evening will begin with a traditional Hawaiian Fresh Flower Lei greeting, followed by Hawaiian cultural demonstrations, a delicious traditional Hawaiian five-course tableside dinner, exquisite tropical drinks, and a legendary hula production made up by multiple dancers and live musicians. This will definitely be your most memorable Maui experience!
As you arrive... You will feel the "aloha" the moment you set foot into the luau grounds, as you are greeted by a luau cast member with a fresh flower lei. You will be asked to take a professional picture of your group, which will later be offered for purchase. Following taking your picture, you will be taken to your private table. The luau can sit parties of up to eight persons at their own private table. Soon after seating, your luau server will be coming by to take your drink orders.
The Seating... The Old Lahaina Luau is shaped like an amphitheater. It features two seating styles: Traditional, where you will sit on cushions on the ground, at a low-level table (pic 1), or regular table and chair seating. Traditional seating is the closest to the stage; however, it is not recommended for those with back injuries or who find it difficult to get up. Keep in mind you will also have your legs crossed under the table throughout the evening. Whichever your choice of seating, parties of up to 8 persons will enjoy their own private table. Parties over 8 persons will have to split up into 2 or more tables, set up within proximity.
Look Around and realize you are in Hawaii! You will have the opportunity to walk around the grounds and visit with the cast, who will be performing Hawaiian games. This is a great time to take pictures and make your friends back home all jealous!
Dinner is served... Soon after you return to your table your server will take more drink orders and get you prepared for the 5-course feast that will soon be at your table. Your dinner consists of the following courses:
1. Starter Course
Kalo and Sweet Potato Chips with Kalo Hummus
2. Salad Course
Local Green Salad with house-made dressing, Freshly Baked Bread Basket, and Honey-Guava Butter
3. Traditional Hawaiian Course
Kalua Roasted Pork, LauLau, Poke Ahi-Tuna, Lomi-Lomi Salmon, Haupia,
Kulolo and Poi
4. Main Course
Pipi Koala Grilled Beef Steak, Ia Maui Style Fish, Moa Island Style Chicken,
Stir Fry Vegetables, Sweet Potato, and Kalo Gratin
5. Dessert Course
Shared Petit Fours, Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, House-made Ice Cream,
Coffee and Tea service
The following are the beverages that will be served at your table:
Sodas, Juices, Beer & Wine, Liquor Brands & Specialty Cocktails
The Old Lahaina Luau has implemented the following protocols in compliance with Hawaii state and local mandates. In addition to following the State guidelines, the luau added other procedures they have deemed appropriate for the safety and health of the luau guests, the luau family, and employees.
1. Contactless payment and check-in with your mobile device will allow for a safe as well as efficient beginning to your evening. Please SHOW an ELECTRONIC COPY of your voucher upon check-in.
2. Answer a brief health screening that will be included in your check-in process
3. The luau's oceanfront grounds are completely open-air, however, guests should maintain a 6-foot social distance from other guests and luau staff while in attendance.
4. Guests are required to wear face masks (gaiters, bandanas, and face shields are not compliant in Hawaii) at all times while anywhere on the property. You may temporarily remove your face mask while sitting at your personal table, only while actively eating or drinking.
5. Luau seating capacity and occupancy limits have been reduced in compliance with local and state mandates to achieve appropriate social distancing.
6. Luau has revised seating arrangements – allowing only families or parties traveling together to share a table – with a maximum of 8 guests per table.
7. Food will be served in multiple courses, plated, and delivered to your party’s table.
8. Beverages will also be ordered and served to your table. No walk-up bar service.
9. All food and beverage handlers have been trained in the highest standards of safe food service preparation and handling in accordance with industry best practices.
10. The luau has expanded upon and enhanced their regular cleaning and sanitation protocols: increased frequency of cleaning and disinfection of high touch and high traffic areas including reception areas and restrooms. They have also added hand sanitizer stations throughout the grounds.
11. The luau has also added daily professional sanitation that uses Quaternary Ammonium, complying with specifications from the CDC to combat SARS-CoV-2/Covid 19 using industrial fogging and liquid application methods.
12. All Staff members are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) face coverings, gloves, etc., as required for their job tasks and in accordance with the direction of State and local authority.