Mon-Fri (P/U times vary)
Easy to Moderate
Come meet the sun as it rises at the summit of Haleakala with the crew of Skyline Adventures. You will be in complete awe when you witness the early sunlight as it begins appearing on the horizon and changing the colors of the skies above and the crater floor, below you. This is Maui’s #1 activity, and once you are there, you will understand why. Haleakala is the world’s largest dormant volcano. It is big enough to fit the entire island of Manhattan. As you look down from the main observation point, you will notice how much it resembles the surface of the moon, with its craters and arid landscape, the reason why before our first visit to the moon, our first astronauts came to practice mock lunar walks on the crater floor. Once the summit part of your tour comes to a close, you will head down the mountain to enjoy breakfast at the historic Kula Lodge, where you will enjoy more breathtaking views of South and West Maui areas. On your way there you will notice the change in landscapes, going from arid and dry, to lush green. The other change will be the climate; up at the summit, temperatures are about 30 degrees cooler than at sea level. As you head down it begins warming up again. By the time you return to your resort, it will be “Maui weather” again, and you will be ready to get refreshed at the beach or the pool. This tour includes pick up and drop off in comfortable, brand new vehicles with large windows and climate-controlled interiors. It will be an experience you will never forget!
Participants of All Ages: $159.95 (Reg $169.95) + Tax/Fees = $176.12
* This tour is ADA accessible. There is a short walk to the summit from the parking lot.
* Due to high elevations, participants with a history of heart condition should consult with their physicians before joining this tour.
* Car Seat Regulations - Hawaii law requires kids ages 7 and under, must be seated in a safety seat that is appropriate for their size and weight. Parents or guardians must bring their kids' child safety seats.
* The actual view of the sunrise cannot be guaranteed, as weather may impact or limit views. There will be no refunds issued due to weather that prevents sunrise viewing.
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Warm clothes, in layers
* Long pants (recommended)
* Closed-toe shoes
WHAT TO BRING:
* Camera or Phone Camera charged up
* A reusable water bottle
* Cash for gratuity (not included)